Frequently Asked Questions - Camp Canine
1. Before you book boarding or bring your dog for daycare, please call early to set up an appointment for a temperament test required for your first visit. This will make your dogs longer visit more pleasant.
2. We have extra staff on Sunday and Monday only to perform the test.
All dogs must be:
1) At Least Four months old.
2) Have the following vaccines: Rabies and distemper up to date as well as bordetella vaccine and a negative fecal test within six months.
3) All dogs over one year old must be spayed or neutered to come to this type of facility
VACCINES MUST BE SENT TO US BEFORE THE appointment, please.
EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX TO: 734-283-0064
The cost is $15.00 (PRE PAID DEPOSIT WHEN YOU MAKE THE APPOINTMENT) for the orientation/temperament evaluation. If you book five nights of boarding or purchase a daycare package (does not include puppy card) during this first visit, we will put the $20 towards your purchase.
Since we schedule extra staff, you must cancel at least 24 hours in advance and reschedule within two weeks or you lose the deposit.
On the day of the appointment, you will be here for about 15 minutes and your dogs will stay for two to three hours.
Please see the profile sheet below to fill out in advance or when you come in.
We look forward to meeting you and your fur baby!
Campers will run free in our spacious play areas interacting with other campers inside and outside with close supervision by our trained camp counselors. Dogs are grouped by size or activity level. Rest times and cots are available for naps and water flows throughout the day for your enjoyment.
To ensure all campers are happy, we discourage food/treats during DAYCARE. Overnight guests, please bring your own brand of dog food to ensure you do not get sick. You will be fed according to your parent's instructions in a private cabin.
We train our Camp Counselors to react quickly to evaluate all situations. Private cabins are available if needed. If an emergency, your parents will be contacted. If immediate vet attention is needed, we will take your dog to a preferred or local vet immediately.
Our Camp Counselors can administer medication in pill, powder or liquid form. We do not give injections. All medication must be in the original container.
We do not allow any outside toys, balls, bones or chews for Day Care. Happy campers enjoy the companionship of others without the stress of outside items. Overnight guests are allowed bones, beds and a toy for their cabin.